Fixing bath panel to frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if this is in the right place but I need some advice.
I have bought a bath panel and my boyfriend has made a frame for it to fix onto but he mentioned screwing the bath panel to the frame and I just think its going to look awful with big screw holes through the panel.
I've spent over £100 on this panel and don't want it ruined.
Is there some other way that this bath panel can be fixed onto the frame (wooden) without screwing it on?
My son mentioned something about magnets, does anyone know anything about this?
We obviously wnat the bath panel to be removable incase we need to repair pipes etc. under the bath.

Sponsored Links
several suggestions

assuming the top is held under the lip at the top you only need to secure the bottom by for example the floor covering further secured by silicone against lino for example
just make shure you have enough movement up top to slide up and clear the bottom

you can also use velcro for example

Secret panel fixings like those from Woodfit that Bilious posted a link to can work....though they can be a pain to fit and then you still need to be able to 'lever' the bath panel off/out without damaging it.

It would help if we knew what colour / material the bath panel is made of ?

I have white plastic at home, fixed with screws and white plastic screw caps, but I don't like it to be honest .... :LOL:

Sometimes, chrome domed mirror screws can look acceptable.

Only yesterday I fitted a custom made bath panel for a customer, I made it from American Black Walnut veneered moisture resistant 12mm ply, 4 x coats of Dulux Satin Diamond Glaze, with the same fixing dilemma....

The most effective comprimise to keep the clean, modern look, was to fix to the panel with a discreet screw in each corner, sink the screw below the surface and fill with Liberon walnut soft wax, remove excess and buff with a soft cloth. You would never know unless you were on your hands and feet hunting for them.....and it remains waterproof....

If your bath panel is 'wood effect' then this would be a good solution with the appropriate coloured wax....

If not, then screws with cover caps, velcro, or secret panel fixings....

Sponsored Links
See www.button-fix.com

I don't know if this is in the right place but I need some advice.
I have bought a bath panel and my boyfriend has made a frame for it to fix onto but he mentioned screwing the bath panel to the frame and I just think its going to look awful with big screw holes through the panel.
I've spent over £100 on this panel and don't want it ruined.
Is there some other way that this bath panel can be fixed onto the frame (wooden) without screwing it on?
My son mentioned something about magnets, does anyone know anything about this?
We obviously wnat the bath panel to be removable incase we need to repair pipes etc. under the bath.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back