Fixing to Dot n' Dab Wall

Sponsored Links
a boiler needs to be fastened to a non combustible surface

maka2k2 said:

Of suitable construction to take the weight. I doubt dot and dab meets this requirement.

a) not necessarily true
b) plasterboard isn't classed as combustible

Not being evasive but the fixing is something which has to be assessed by the installer who's goiing to be responsible for registering it. Can't tell from here...

Sponsored Links
So ............
You've not read what I just wrote.

ChrisR

Thanks for the response. From what you have said I conclude that I can leave it the way it is, this will be fine.

I don't think I explained myself properly at the beginning. I am plumbing in a new central heating system with just the gas and commissioning to be completed by a corgi. The wall is an outside cavity wall with concrete blocks on the inside that are covered with the dot 'n' dab wall. What screw fixings will be best suited to the situration?

Many thanks

Pete

Then don't hang the boiler yourself. Your Corgi will have to notify it for registration with bldg control and the g'tee. If the boiler fell off the wall next week, or if it were in the worng place, or broke some other rule, he would be responsible. There's a bunch of stuff to take into account when putting a boiler on a wall. The detail of the construction you have is of course one, which we can't see.

Obviously we can't sit here and say "yes screw it on the wall"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back