Flame will not stay alight when knob is turned

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a glow worm mark II boiler. Instructions for lighting are simple. Hold button for 20 seconds after the ignition flame has lighted, once the flame is stable and alight, switch on the electric switch and then move the knob in between minimum and maximum.

Ok… Everything works fine, the flame lights and it will stay alight. I switch the electric switch on and it still stays alight, however when I turn the knob, which calls the flame up, it calls the flame up and then slowly over roughly a 5 second period the flame withers away and goes out. The instructions say wait for 3 mins before attempting again. I have tried this on numerous occasions and it just won’t stay in.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards

Andemz

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a blockage of some sort, or at wost a faulty gas valve.

You need to get a RGI in to sort it.

Sounds like a blockage of some sort, or at wost a faulty gas valve.

You need to get a RGI in to sort it.

Thanks for the response, it seems really funny this does as a RGI actually gave me a gas safety cert on 8th May, 2008 and comissioned the boiler, i've giove him a call as i've got a tennant coming in on monday. (Perhaps not now).....

certainly isn't anything to do with the supply as all other Gas applicances are working fine.

Kind regards

andemz

If it was working ok in May why would he not have issued a certificate?

Sponsored Links
If it was working ok in May why would he not have issued a certificate?

I don't understand your point, he has issued a certificate, i haven't mentioned that he hasn't issued a certificate, i have the corgi certificate in front of me.

With regards to commissioning the boiler - that is a term that he has expressed on his receipt.

what he gave you a landlords gas safety certficate, the appliance presumabley worked at that point.
he may even have serviced it at the time.

what he said at the time that the appliance was safe to use at that point in time, the law states that you have to have this done every year.

what didnt give you, was a cast iron solid gold guarantee, that it wouldnt fail in the future.

a possible reason for this is, he had sent his crystal ball away that day for calibration, it has to be done annually ;)

:LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back