Flashing Questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any advice would be great.

Just got survey back on potential property to move into. The main thing mentioned is flashing above the front roon window, above the porch and down the chimney sides. I have been looking on various sites and find that such things as flashing tape is quite inexpensive and sounds easy to apply " self adhesive " they say, is this the case.

Is re-doing flashing a task for an average DIY'er or should I call in a roofer?.

Any advise would be great .. thanks

Sponsored Links
no,and NO...find a leadworking plumber :!: Many roofers are candidates for Rogue trotters..and decent ones sub the work to........Plumbers. (Just my personal opinion) :LOL: :LOL:

Nige F said:
no,and NO...find a leadworking plumber :!: Many roofers are candidates for Rogue trotters..and decent ones sub the work to........Plumbers. (Just my personal opinion) :LOL: :LOL:

Many thanks for the info .. any other advice is greatly received

steveparrott said:

we had a friend put some of the tape up for us (thats what friends are for)

the tape was ok, but he missed the holes as ours were under the edges of some tiles (sorry it was for a "gulley" between 2 roof angles if that is the right terms) we gave up and had a builder rip out the origonal zinc, yes zinc, (all houses round here have zinc) and put in some lead for the whole length, it cost a few bob, but as they say, you get what you pay for

Sponsored Links
Self adhesive flashing tape are waste of time & money. They are more problem in cold weather. Use lead instead.

breezer said:
steveparrott said:

we had a friend put some of the tape up for us (thats what friends are for)

the tape was ok, but he missed the holes as ours were under the edges of some tiles (sorry it was for a "gulley" between 2 roof angles if that is the right terms) we gave up and had a builder rip out the origonal zinc, yes zinc, (all houses round here have zinc) and put in some lead for the whole length, it cost a few bob, but as they say, you get what you pay for

Cost a few bob ... How much .. I am trying to get a rough idea

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back