Flat Mesh?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, part of my extension, I'm gonna be pouring a large pad-stone, about 600x600 wide but about 450mm deep.

I have been told to place some mesh in the bottom of my hole before I fill it with concrete. however I was not to clear on what I needed.

I "think" I need a flat mesh made of metal which is placed in the bottom and then I simply pour the concrete into it.

Can someone verify this is correct?

Sponsored Links
You need to ask the person who told you.

Foundation reinforcement mesh is usually placed in two layers. The first layer is 75-100mm up from the trench bottom and the second laid 75-100mm down from the top.

Size of fabric section could be important too so you need to establish which code size i.e. A393, A142 etc.

so, I would fill the trench by 100mm or so and then place a mesh over it, and then continue filling the hole?

Sponsored Links
so, I would fill the trench by 100mm or so and then place a mesh over it, and then continue filling the hole?

No.

You would st your mesh on bricks or dedicated stilts and pour so that the concrete runs beneath.

You then tamp the top layer of fabric into the concrete whilst it is wet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back