Flat roof leak

Got the plaster board down today and have a full beam rotted and spliced on the parapet edge. Total bodge job in the past. Beams not even screwed together. Also this section fully rotted. The rest of the roof is in floorboards and look good.

So its going to be a big job to put a whole new roof on there with insulation and firings and the fibreglass. would be so much easier if i could just put in the insulation between the joists. I also have a garage next to the kitchen and so the flat roof doesn't all need to be insulated. So my levels are going to be very different here as well.

Attachments

• IMG_1704.jpg
    IMG_1704.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 126
Sponsored Links
in that case you will need to ventilate above the insulation from front to back

Spoke to building control today about a lintel and so i asked him about this roof.

I can do what i was thinking, in that i insulate from underneath (in the roof joists), but when i put on the furrings i will cross batten these with roof lats. Then board out and fibreglass. This latted area will allow airflow. Very simple and makes my life easier as i do not have to worry about creating different levelled roofs. The roof will be all the same level and sloping in the one direction.

but you will need to ventilate front and back or side to side

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back