flatroof refelting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
flat roof needs refelting but has orginal lead layer underneath

which method to use ? 2 layer or 3 layer refelting ?

roof aprrox 2m x 2m cost of recomended materials ?

TIA

Sponsored Links
rip it all off, lead as well. renew in 3 layer system topped in lime chippings.whilst it's off check boards make sure they are firm and if you can check for insulation.local roofing yard will tell you what you need.lime chippings cover approx 3sqm per bag.don't be tempted to buy from one of the sheds.open all hours but mega expensive

Stone chippings are a thing of the past!....Mineral finish is what you want,a decent quality 2 layer system will do the job..

Sponsored Links
Well put it this way,in the past ten years( been in the game over 27 years) of flat roofing I can count on the fingers of one hand how many jobs I've gritted....Whereas mineral finished roofs are concerned it must run into the hundreds,so doesn't that indicate that chippings are a thing of the past?...

Hi,

[Stone chippings are a thing of the past!....Mineral finish is what you want,a decent quality 2 layer system will do the job..]

This 2 layer system - is that like a 4mm underlay put over the existing felt (after removing the chippings) and finished with a mineral felt top layer?

I've had a couple of quotes for my 25sqm garage / front porch and the first was to remove and replace all the felt with new mineral finish type (£630+), the second is just to do as described above (£580 inc).

I'm not looking for the cheepest quote just a good job that will last.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back