flexible connection to the gas meter?

BS6400 2006,
8.9.2 says "only 1 pliable (semi rigid) connection shall be used" on a meter installation, with ref to 8.6.1b for reasoning which is to minimise movement and reduce risk of tampering.

As long as its on a bracket shear bolted up, Perfectly acceptable

Sponsored Links
Yep 2 flexes not allowed as it makes tampering with the meter very easy even without disconnecting them.

Well...you would have to disconnect them to reverse the flow...

Sponsored Links
Meter can still be fiddled without turning it backwards but i am not going to say how its done on here

Your feking kidding some of them in there are far more dangerous than the general public. ;)

The fiddle only works on bellows meters and not the electronic one. There is a clue

I can imagine the force of gravity being at work here. Angle of dangle perhaps....

;)
Same if as a customer you have a noisy meter you should not change it

Meter can still be fiddled without turning it backwards but i am not going to say how its done on here

For some bizarre reason when i was an apprentice the BG fraud guys came in and showed us how people can fiddle gas and electic meters. :confused: talk about putting ideas in our head. Prepay meters are easier to do than standard meters.

/quote]
Prepay meters are easier to do than standard meters.[/quote]

Oh I Do Tell Petit Lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back