Floating Shelves.....is this a mans job??

D

diane1

ok....they look really cool...and i now know they dont really float!!!.., on a scale of 1 to 10.....1 being completely rubbish and 10 being tommy walsh!.....how good would u have to be to put these babies up on the wall????????????

cheers!.........Diane :D

Sponsored Links
depends on desighn and fixing method but with a hammer/ sds drill 4 /10

real men dont read instructions,woman do ;) :D
dont forget a tape measure and a decent level ;)

:( there are no instructions....and no screws or rawl plugs..well done homebase!!!...

"real" men....as opposed to..??????

;) Diane.....who is struggling.....how do you know...without the aid of the original packaging......whether a drill bit is for wood or for masonry??

Sponsored Links
:( there are no instructions....and no screws or rawl plugs..well done homebase!!!...

"real" men....as opposed to..??????

;) Diane.....who is struggling.....how do you know...without the aid of the original packaging......whether a drill bit is for wood or for masonry??
OMG you're at stage 1/10! Buy a Readers Digest diy manual or similar, or we'll be here all day! :LOL:

twist bit with a point wood
twist bit "/\ " shaped steel or wood sometimes marked hss somtime gold coloured

as above with metal wings at the top masonery often silver coloured with red wings

what are the contents 1 bracket with several holes/rods or holes and rods

picture or link please

what are the walls made off!!

are the holes around 5mm
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.j...refview=search&ts=1270569802165&isSearch=true

:LOL: all done!!!.....all by myself.....but thanks for the more serious bits of help guys!.....and they are level...and they look quite good, if i do say so myself......who needs men?????

answers on a post card to...... ;)

Diane

excelent good job that makes you 6/10 or---------------------------

------------------------------1/10 if it fallls off the wall :D :D ;)

well done congrats,bet you feel good??????

JUST DONT PUT ANYTHING ON THEM :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
only kidding ;)

yeah yeah.....very funny guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
did u know they are currently recruiting for the Comedy Store??????

they havent fallen off the wall...yet!.....and i have put stuff....granted, very light stuff, on them.........they look so COOL!

;) diane

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: oh this is soooooooooooo funny!!!! cable ties required please......my sides are splitting!!!....

;) diane

it's a 3/10 job. but well done. don't listen to the others, let us know when the shelves fall down :LOL:

:( .....these shelves arent going to fall down!.....i drilled 8 holes....put rawl plugs in......then screwed the shelves on......nice and tight... ;)

no time 4 DIY whilst the suns shining!!.....sun worshipping is much more important!.....:cool:

Diane

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back