Floor Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking of doing this too, however, is it a fire hazrd having loft insulation under my 1920's floorboards?

there are small gaps between some of the floor boards where the connecting sections have been damaged. Just wondering if it's a fire risk if there was some ash to fall down this gap?

Sponsored Links
glass wool insulation, indeed ALL insulation - should be fire retardant. And as for putting hot ash / embers down gaps in your floorboards.... what do you *DO* in your living room!?!?!

:) I'm not planning on using the digning room for anything dodgy :) We don't smoke either but I was just double checking it as I thought it would be a fire risk. I sanded the floor at the weekend and spend most of it on my knees cleaning out the gaps between the boards...there aren't as many I though, only about 4 so it'll be fine.

Thanks a lot for getting back to me; once I've finished I'll get some stuff and fix it undernieth to keep it warm...

Cheers matey! Johno.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back