Flow through header tank

Sponsored Links
You've utterly lost me. Please could you confirm the sequence of events, which appears to be:

1. System drained.
2. Boiler replaced.
3. System chemically cleaned.
4. System filled (inhibitor not added).
5. System pumping over.

:?:

Interesting. It appears that you're not very pleased with the help I'm giving you.

Sponsored Links
Its OK Greg!

I am G8ABQ and can probably help you!

You need to drain out all the dirty water for a start and then refill and drain a few more times until its reasonably clear.

Then add X400 or X800 and circulate it round the system for the relevant times of four weeks or one day respectively.

If the rads were new you could add an acid cleanser but I dont think that will be a good idea in your case.

Tony

You're right cm.

Oh well, there's plenty of people who like being helped - onwards and upwards.
bananallama.gif

Edit: everything will be OK now - Agile's here. ;)

Cor someone normal on here well as normal as us g's can be ;)
Done all the cleaning bit water now runs clear but still have the problem.
The question is realy does the feed pipe need to be near the boiler to stop this flow through the expansion pipe?
Regards
Greg

G6XXL said:
Softus said:
Interesting. It appears that you're not very pleased with the help I'm giving you.
Correct :evil: :evil:

You should demand your money back on your way out.

G6XXL said:
The vent is connected to the flow pipe and the feed is connected to the return pipe around half way along this horizontal section.
Greg

This wrong.

The cold feed was traditionally connected to the return & the OV to the flow, 'cos boilers were liable to boil, the steam was vented up the OV and the cold feed water came down the return pipe cooling the boiler. The boiler was invariably cast iron and had negligible hydraulic resistance.

It won't work on most modern boilers' cos they have significant hydraulic resistance, so a pressure difference between CF & OV. The pressure difference causes flow.

You've knobbed it up.

If you hadn't been so rude, I'd have told you how to fix it.

Gotta make sure the expansion pie is chicken and mush or there will be hell to pay

Don't worry Onetap - the two hams will sort it out between them. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back