Flue installation advice please

ohl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my neighbour is in the process of installing a boiler flue between our houses. The gap between the houses is only about 12 inches. The wall of my property does not have any windows on that side of the property but i do have a downstairs loo that has an extractor fan which is almost opposite where the new flue will be situated on the neighbours house.

I would like to know please if anyone can help, and ask if any dangerous fumes could get into my house via the extractor fan . And also, will the heat/hot air coming from the neighbours flue cause any damage to the brickwork of my property, if it is to be subjected to daily blasts of heat and damp air ?

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Yes on all counts.

Politely ask to see the boiler manual and in the first third there will be a picture of a house that very clearly shows what is and isn't allowed.

In your case any boiler manual will do - some have slight variances you see.

• Thanks
Reactions: ohl

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back