Fluid Master 747 side entry valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Fluid Master 747 Side entry valve fitted to my WC cistern. When the cistern is filling, water leaks from the top of the valve. I have cleaned the valve and removed debris from the flow restrictor and fitted a new rubber diaphragm washer - but water still leaks from the top and you can hear it dripping as the cistern fills. Once the cistern is full and the valve cuts off the leakage stops.

Can anyone tell me why it should it leak and how I can prevent it?

Sponsored Links
I've just fitted two of these to my cold water tanks. They leak the same as you describe.

Also with these installed I can rotate the assembly. Is this correct? I thoughtit would be fixes vertically? I've re read the instructions etc and checked the float valves, everything looks ok and seems clipped in ok!

It's not a problem I've come across before, and I've sold hundreds of them. No-one's sent one back with that problem.

Fluidmaster UK (formerly CMI Distribution) are very helpful. 01275 84 88 43

Sponsored Links
yeah these things are brilliant.

soo much better than standard float valves.

I have a Fluid Master 747 Side entry valve fitted to my WC cistern. When the cistern is filling, water leaks from the top of the valve. I have cleaned the valve and removed debris from the flow restrictor and fitted a new rubber diaphragm washer - but water still leaks from the top and you can hear it dripping as the cistern fills. Once the cistern is full and the valve cuts off the leakage stops.

Can anyone tell me why it should it leak and how I can prevent it?
This happens from time to time. I've had a couple over the years that have done that. Looks like the later models have been redesigned to avoid this. I would get in touch with FM UK Support...

Also with these installed I can rotate the assembly. Is this correct? I thoughtit would be fixes vertically? I've re read the instructions etc and checked the float valves, everything looks ok and seems clipped in ok!
Yes, they can be rotated. Not a problem, adjust for vertical and just make sure the float and valve lever is not impeded by side of cistern or any other object.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back