Fluidmaster Flush Valve - convert from handle to button?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Is there a way to convert an fluidmaster flush valve from a handle to button flush without having to replace the entire thing?

Thanks,
TFT

Sponsored Links
depends what type of flush valve it is, is is a syphon or is it a drop valve? If it's a drop valve then the handle is usually integrated in to the cable that fits the valve. Depending on the model though, it may be a 1/4 turn and pull off and replace with the button version of the same valve.

Sponsored Links
Before I answer may I ask why you want to this.
Because I have the handle version, but the missus has decided she wants the button version? However, you can buy the button valve, but the connection between handle/button is quite different. As suggested above, it may be that I need to buy a new flush valve.

Does the button fit in the handle hole?
I thought the handle holes were far smaller than the button ones?

Seeing as the original doesn't have a cradle won't it mean changing the whole valve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back