Fluless Gas Fires

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help, I have just had my gas fire disconected as it has a faulty flu, I thought that a Fluless fire would be a good option, but not sure how to decide which one will be a good option, is there anyone who has one that they are really satisfied with
many thanks for any advice you can give :!:
regards
January Girl

Sponsored Links
Some people will say that they're deathtraps, some will say they're safe.
What is definite is that you will require a big draughty hole in your outside wall to have a flueless fire. Imagine that in the middle of winter.

Sponsored Links
If u want fluless go for a Burley , there MD has posted on this forum before !

Millions of flu less gas fires have been used & sold world wide with out any recorded mis haps

Millions of flu less gas fires have been used & sold world wide with out any recorded mis haps

I have read that several times and still miss the let out for Cwmbran ?

Or is it just that the fires dont have the cold like ailment "flu"?

Who disconnected your flue and what was the reported fault with the chimney.
Depending on what`s wrong with it,it may be worth having it repaired.
Far better to have a normal flued fire than a flueless one.

Hmm avoiding the safe/ unsafe argument of flueless gas fires, they produce a fair old bit of condensation and as has been stated you HAVE to have a big old hole in your wall to outside.... Brrrrrrrrr

I wouldn't have one in my house, and definitely not as the main heat source.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back