Fluorescent loading?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can anyone help me with this.

I have a lighting circuit with 2 x 58w fluorescent fittings and 5 x 36w fluorescent fittings. Obviously being a fluorescent load its not as simple as adding up the wattage. Its being controled via a Elkay 320A timer switch and just want to know if the switch is compatible. Any help would be good. Thanks[/list]

Sponsored Links
well you see it says in the instructions that is specific for this switch that its 16Amp for all load types including fluorescent, But on the switch it says 6 amp but doesn't specify what type of load. So i don't know

Sponsored Links
Most switches are duel rated for resistive and inductive load and you need to look at the inductive load if using inductive start fluorescent fittings.
However with HF fluorescent fittings it is not quite so cut and dried but I would tend to treat them same as inductive start type to be on the safe side.
So I would class them as 1.5A inductive I think the timer you have is rated at 6A for fluorescent fittings.
But I am sure some details most have come with switch?

Like i say the switch has 6amp printed on it where as the instructions tell me its compatible up to 16 amp of fluorescent loading!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back