Flush fitting of shower mixer

pkm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a plumber install the pipe works into the wall for a new shower mixer. However, he has done a poor job and the shower mixer sits proud of the tiles. Is it possible to get a spacer or plate that could be used to take up the slack (and still look half decent - e.g. something nice and shiny)?

Otherwise the tiles are going to have to come off.....

Sponsored Links
Take the valve off and trim the pipe tails back the amount that the valve is proud of the wall - or get the bloke who fitted it back to do it properly!

Picture please...

We had to fight with a bar shower mixer the other week. It was an unknown extra as the cylinder was actually propping the shower up - and pushing it proud inside the bath.

In the end I had to make up some backing plates and silicone the chrome trims in place - not pretty but it beat changing the shower and retiling the bathroom.

SOmething like this?- various diameters etc available. Try a merchant
p1719831_l.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies - the shiny spacer looks like it would do the trick - I just need to track some down. Otherwise it looks as though I'll have to make up some backing plate myself.

I don't think trimming the pipes will be an option, sadly.

If I crack it I'll post a picture of my creation...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back