fog horn toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,
keep getting a fog horn noise when flushing the toilet can anyone help please. :(

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

sorry for reviving an old post but i have been having the same problem. both myself and my neighbour hear this noise, i live 3rd house in on a row of 6 and my neighour is number 4.

it is getting really irritating have been living with it for months at the weekend i spent 2 full days on this issue. i have replaced the fill valves on both toilets, the outlet to the toilet bowl in one toilet and a set of taps and still it is happening.

Now here is the interesting part this is happening when there is no running water or heating on in either mine or my neigbours (no 4) house, in fact it still happens if the water is turned off at the main stopcocks in both houses, is it possible it could be another neighbour and vibrating through? i knocked their door tonight to talk to them about it but the said they didnt have any issues and didnt hear any noises. i am pretty sure it is coming from them (2nd house on the row).
as far as i can tell all 6 houses are fed off the same line with individual stopcocks.

Sponsored Links
Not a problem mate as I said I'm still getting the problem after trying all the his listed above.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back