football

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive tried and tried I really have but honestly I carnt see the attraction in watching someone else kick a ball around a field and being paid stupid amounts of money whilst other people pay stupid amounts of money to watch them . No doubt i'll now be beaten with a shi@*y stick now !!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You wanna know why they get paid so much? try it.... try being as fit, fast, strong, accurate, talented, confident etc...

Same as snooker, or sumo, or painting or fishing... when you get to the top of the tree, people (who know or care) appreciate your talent...

Problem with footy is those over talented kn0bs tend to forget they're massively important role models, and let their fragile, cheating egos take over....

Shame really !

I don't care what they get paid - just tax them 95%.

Ive tried and tried I really have but honestly I carnt see the attraction in watching someone else kick a ball around a field and being paid stupid amounts of money whilst other people pay stupid amounts of money to watch them . No doubt i'll now be beaten with a shi@*y stick now !!

Good to know I'm not the only sensible one then! :LOL:

They don't actually pay any tax in the uk.

of course they do... they buy things in shops and petrol(VAT)... they're taxed for every turn they make as we all are...

although i'm not defending how much they get paid !

of course they do... they buy things in shops and petrol(VAT)... they're taxed for every turn they make as we all are...

The massive bulk of their remuneration comes from 'image rights' which is done offshore in places like Belize.

When they say he gets £180K per week - that's the actual amount that goes into his bank account.

If football was played by someone who just cared about the game and the club and they done it not the massive paypacket then I might be intrested but it wont happen because if you can kick a ball and be uneducated and not have to string a sentence together but get paid thousands then why would footballers change ?

The massive bulk of their remuneration comes from 'image rights' which is done offshore in places like Belize.

When they say he gets £180K per week - that's the actual amount that goes into his bank account.

yeah? so? you said they don't pay any tax in this country... but when Wayne buys his pastie, for lunch, he pays VAT.... and then when he fills his Bentley up (with petrol or pasties), he pays tax on the fuel... some tax is unavoidable joe !

Sponsored Links
Back