footing flooded

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Advised needed

My next door neighbor has just dug out some footings and they are full of water. His builder has come around to me telling me that I must have a underground water leak to my outside toilet
The footing are about 500mm deep. We live at the bottom of a slope
If I had a water leak surely the footings would over flow instead of being at the same level
Don't know anything about this so any advise would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
His builder has come around to me telling me that I must have a underground water leak

Ask him how he knows that, and how certain is he that he is correct.
If he says he is 95% certain then he should gamble 95% of the cost to fix your problem. This way he shares the risk of a wrong diagnosis and if he's right his money is safe.

However, if he says his instincts tell him, then you need other opinions.

Sponsored Links
It is not unusual for foundation trenches to become flooded by groundwater or rainfall. We've had to bail out many a trench with a puddle pump.

What are the ground conditions - clay?

Thanks Porque223 sounds like good advise and the ground conditions are CLAY, Noseal

Thanks Porque223 sounds like good advise and the ground conditions are CLAY, Noseall

Just phoned our water supplier up and they are sending someone around on Wednesday to have a look and tell me if it is me that has a water leak or not.
If it is then I'll get stuck in and sort it, if its a water leak atall

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back