for RGI's "would you commision a non RGI install

gremlin16";p="1031104 said:
As for CP 12's, it blo0dy easy to see when its an illegal installation. Issuing CP12's on these is again down to pure greed, where a self respecting Rgi would laugh and walk away. Tough shi*e on the dodgy landlords.

And if landlord get a clown to issue CP12's then landlord and Rgi should be reported !!!

I agree with you in the theory, however until CORGI or whoever make it illegal to do a CP12 when the boiler has not been installed by an RGI the landlords will continue to have their boilers installed cheaply and just get a CP12. Nobody polices non RGI fitted boilers. Building Control should but dont make any money out of it so dont.

I asked ARGI a couple of years ago if they would formulate a policy on reporting illegal installs but no one else was interested and some stated they feared reprisals if they did that.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Well its quite simple really.

You have to join CORGI to do gas work and they charge you quite a lot, maybe £250 and make you feel as if you are not very valued.

Then you join ARGI costing just £50 and they argue with CORGI on your behalf. Then they wear down CORGI and get them to stop doing gas registration and hand it over to Capita who charge about £200 so you dont really lose any money at all.

Of course when Capita are registering then ARGI will continue to keep their excesses under control and generally make life easier for RGIs and ARGIs.

Tony

Sounds good to me...might have to go for that

Its easy to sign up to the web site membership at Argi-online.

Next stage is a little more difficult as it involves writing a cheque for £50 but that is no more difficult than paying for car tax etc.. Dont pay cash as that could go awol and they have no credit card or paypal acceptance as far as I know. You may be able to do a direct credit transfer but they dont publise their account details but they may be available on request.

That will give you an inroad to the full range of ARGI website as well as access to training and any other advantages available.

Tony Glazier

Next stage is a little more difficult as it involves writing a cheque for £50 but that is no more difficult than paying for car tax etc. Tony Glazier

Well you've certainly found it difficult enough for the last year not to do it :eek: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I would not commission an installation that was not by an RGI, unless it was by a competent person who was not installing by way of trade/business. In other words, only if the installation was legal according to GS(IU)R.

The installer details must go into the Benchmark record and I would need to be satisfied of the competence of the installer in relation to the work he carried out. I would prefer to at least fit the flue and connect the gas supply myself and preferable hang the boiler too, so that I would then be the installer as well as commissioner.

I am not willing to "sign-off" other people's illegal installations. Doing so undermines the commercial position of all of us who have gone to the trouble and expense of becoming RGIs. It would also put me in a difficult position if problems arise due to defective installation.

ok suppose you where doing a gas safety inspection and you whent to the property and the installation was new, would you carry out the inspection or would you ask for the log book before you carried out the inspection.

Its easy to sign up to the web site membership at Argi-online.

Next stage is a little more difficult as it involves writing a cheque for £50 but that is no more difficult than paying for car tax etc.. Dont pay cash as that could go awol and they have no credit card or paypal acceptance as far as I know. You may be able to do a direct credit transfer but they dont publise their account details but they may be available on request.

That will give you an inroad to the full range of ARGI website as well as access to training and any other advantages available.

Tony Glazier

This form of advertising should be banned on this forum, it is clear to me and others that tony is an agent for argi this argi site is another micky mouse wanna take over corgi enterprise shun these scammers.

Bob, Chris Hutt wrote what you have quoted over two years ago and I have not heard from him for over a year now.

I am a registered member of ARGI and, as all members of ARGI are expected to do, I encourage other RGIs to join so that ARGI can be more representative of the industry.

I am in no way an "agent" of ARGI and because the membership sec failed to attract my attention at Installer Live last month, I have yet to get my £50 donation to them. They dont even call me a full member!

Tony

Bob, Chris Hutt wrote what you have quoted over two years ago and I have not heard from him for over a year now.

I am a registered member of ARGI and, as all members of ARGI are expected to do, I encourage other RGIs to join so that ARGI can be more representative of the industry.

I am in no way an "agent" of ARGI and because the membership sec failed to attract my attention at Installer Live last month, I have yet to get my £50 donation to them. They dont even call me a full member!

Tony

And so are the FREEMASONS, and so am i a rgi but i dont go around advertising free, just because your a member of yet another wannabe corgi organisation it does not give you the right to advertise free on this site.

as gremlin 16 said:

As Rgi's we are our own worst enemy and until we all sing from the same song sheet we always will be fighting one and other for work.
We should all be able to make a comfortable income but some amongst us revert to greed and fu*k it up.

I am not only fairly new to this trade as an RGI, but also this forum but I completely agree with gremlin16, from what I have already seen and been offerd etc since my RGIhood. And as said, if we did all sing from that same sheet then we could all also easily afford to join as many differant spins on being RGI's as we wanted. Must say having sat back and only redd as of now there is some good banter, techy tips aswell as poney sh*t* typed back and fro><><><

All in good forum. :eek: :D :) :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back