For the gas chaps!!

Sponsored Links
Better these things are discussed in the CC !

Better these things are discussed in the CC !

Ah, that's the problem Tony; an artisan like my good self is excluded from the said combustion chamber pot.

I hope this finds you well dear boy & I also hope you're managing to get across the channel for a wee break. I've not seen you post 'on the other side' for some time. Keep up the good work..... ;)

I would have thought that as you have been a good boy here for a few months now then its time for you to be considered for elevation to the technical complexities of the CC. But then I don't make these decisions.

I went to France in February but my friend from there is now back in the UK until end of May.

Expect to go over again sometime during the summer! Rather depends on Eugene and when he is going.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I would have thought that as you have been a good boy here for a few months now then its time for you to be considered for elevation to the technical complexities of the CC. But then I don't make these decisions.

I went to France in February but my friend from there is now back in the UK until end of May.

Expect to go over again sometime during the summer! Rather depends on Eugene and when he is going.

Tony

Thanks Tony & from my recollection you did support me at the time of my exclusion from the chamber pot. However, more votes went the other way & you can't fight the democratic vote.

Ah France in February, lucky dog. The Lady Olive & I were blessed with a visit to Paris at this time last year. Wonderful city & lovely people.
Kindest regards
D1ck Puller

My recollection is that there was a small majority in favour of letting you back.

But that was I think only a feeler to see what the general opinion was and not a vote to necessarily be acted upon.

What did they chuck you out for ?

Mainly for winding-up the course cowboys, who have undermined our trade in my view. But it was a fair Poll & the votes went against me. I did have the support of many that know me from my infamous days on the Screwfix Forums etc.

I didn't touch up one of the Mods or anything like that.......... :p :LOL:

-----------------------------------------
It was nothing to do with any vote.
Administrators
-----------------------------------------

Mainly for winding-up the course cowboys, who have undermined our trade in my view. But it was a fair Poll & the votes went against me. I did have the support of many that know me from my infamous days on the Screwfix Forums etc.

I didn't touch up one of the Mods or anything like that.......... :p :LOL:

Winding up CC's is fair game ;)
I remember your infamous days on Screwfix and i have seen the famous photo :oops: :oops: :oops:

My recollection is that there was a small margin in favour of reinstating you to the CC.

But I suspect that it may have been your reputation from Screwfix that would have gone seriously against you.

But you do seem to have behaved well on forms for the last couple of years now and if I was asked my view is that you should be reinstated.

For those who don't understand the comments above, Dickie "stole" this image of a "Scotsman" and used it as his forum avatar:-

Unfortunately for Dickie, the guy in the picture somehow chanced upon it and objected and Dickie had to admit that it was not him in front of the whole forum.

Tony

Yes, 007 was not too chuffed!

A point I always make regarding the halcyon days of the old Screwflux forum;
There was a few housebound members of the forum, who found the banter very entertaining & really enjoyed it. It was never abusive, most gave as good as they got.

Back to the point, does that manometer av a backlight? Cheap isn't it! I got a centre brand one a few years back cost like £100! Think I was done :(

Does look like a bargain... thinking of buying one for work (nothing to do with Gas).

I emailed the seller asking if it can be calibrated (all out test gear must be ISO9001 and all that) and we have the kit to do it (Pace5000) but he hasn't replied yet.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back