Ford focus zetec 1.6SE 2002 engine warning light

T

thef1sh

fault code air inlet meter.replaced new.light back on.same fault plus air flow in&out exhaust .injector can anyone help please.

Sponsored Links
Relating to post1.Sorry for being brief, error code is 0171 system too lean(bank 1).go to ford.Been told =air leak,exhaust,02 sensor,wiring fault or vacuum leak.Maf sensor ok.Is this expensive,can i drive car without causing harm til i raise repair costs. Please can anyone help.

Relating to post1.Sorry for being brief, error code is 0171 system too lean(bank 1).go to ford.Been told =air leak,exhaust,02 sensor,wiring fault or vacuum leak.Maf sensor ok.Is this expensive,can i drive car without causing harm til i raise repair costs. Please can anyone help.

You are posing many faults there? Either the car is running lean due to an injector leak, or you have an o2 sensor fault? (lambda sensor)...

So chicken and egg..is the car running too lean because of your previous fault? Or has the Lambda been killed because it's running too lean, or is the car running too lean because the Lambda is broken?

OR is there a hole in the exhaust, that is causing the Lambda to read incorrectly?

So cheap first - go to an exhaust garage - is your exhaust good?
Replace lambda sensor, available on ebay, make sure you don't buy a generic one.
Sort out ignition fault, could be anything from a faulty sparkplug to a faulty ECU.

Been told =air leak,exhaust,02 sensor,wiring fault or vacuum leak.
air leak=hole in exhaust, o2 sensor/wiring fault=lambda sensor, vacuum leak=hole in exhaust.

I think petrol got into the exhaust from your first post, and killed the o2 sensor. They don't like that, and tend to fail, but at least the CAT is safe.

Sponsored Links
Back