Ford Ka Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I own a Ford Ka 1.3. Recently I have been having problems with the car overheating. After the first trip to KJ Ford, they fitted a new head gasket. However, the problem was still there. So I went back. This time, they fitted a new heater valve. The very next day, the engine overheated yet again. For the last week they have been tinkering with the car. First, they fitted a new thermostat, which didn't correct the problem. They then sent away for the head to be tested. They found that one of the cylinders was warped. They put this down to a machine fault in the factory. However, from no fault of my own, my engine has been running with no oil, although I must stress, not for very long. When I asked Ford if this would do any damage to my engine, the fact it has been cooked three times, they said it would not have. However, I am not too convinced. Please could somebody give me some advice. Has this happened to anybody else and if so what happened.

Sponsored Links
robmoss2006 said:
yeah, they said that they checked the water pump. I've had the car back two days now and there are no problems yet! What are the tell tale signs that the engine has been damaged apart from the obvious 'car not starting'!

It depends on the nature of any damage, if there is anything wrong in the cylinder stopping compression I'd expect a misfire (I ain't a mechanic though). How did they decide one of the cylinders is warped?

p.s. click on "post reply" below to reply ;)

Sponsored Links
Back