Ford transit fob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ford transit 65 plate
If I leave the van say on my drive for 24 hours or more , the 9 year old key fob will not work and open the van.
The spare key I bought 4 days ago (£150) will not work
I can get in the van because I had the lock in the drivers door changed by a locksmith 7 days ago . The original was screwdrivered, and I could not get in .
The guy that sold me the new spare key warned me that it might be the answer but I should have a spare key
The battery under the drivers seat was changed for a new one last September
Any one else had a similar problem ?
And if so how was it tesolved
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you changed the battery in the key fob ? and don't you have to sync the new key to the car?

You need to program key fob to work and may need a new battery in it.
You can program yourself before 2016 I think by turning ignition on an off a set number of times.
For ignition you pull the chip out of key which is behind coloured tab on key and swap to new ignition key but that's not your problem.

Key fob were cheap off eBay and you can reprogram yourself but that changed in 2016 and got more complicated.
You might have newer system?

Might need dealer or car locksmith

Hi algas
The battery in a Ford transit fob is soldered into position . It cannot be simply swopped over in 30 seconds , like say the Ford kuga that I also own
72 hours ago when I purchased another key the auto locksmith I bought the key from synced the key to the van
There is possibly something wrong in the van
But I do not have the knowledge to deal with it

Sponsored Links
So I have two key fobs
One nine years old
The other 3 days old
Neither will open the van this morning
When I open the van manually I can put either fob in the ignition, start the van and run it for 5 minutes
I can switch it off , take the fob out of the ignition .
I can close the door , lock it with the fob I had in the ignition and then unlock the van using the fob that was in the ignition a few moments ago

Sponsored Links
Back