Free Credit Score services

I had a great one the other week. You'll have to take my word for part of it accepted. I had a mint card many years ago. Now I'm sure I got a closing balance statement and paid it off closing the account...... but apparently there was a couple of pence left on th3 balance... over 10 years... yep 10 years, this built up to over the £5 min payment. In those years I'd moved house been divorced etc, but fortunately the mail from my old house got to me and is now all resolved...

Hopefully you didn't pay? Statute of limitation would apply.

Sponsored Links
Hopefully you didn't pay? Statute of limitation would apply.
would that apply as the account was still active with no closing bill
surly statute off limitation would start from the notification that alerted him there was still an outstanding bill even then if a dispute is raised the statute off limitation would not start until the final outcome has been agreed

It would depend how you handled it, but in the above it would be from the date it was due or the last date you acknowledged the debt. Six years from the date he thought he closed it - or 6 years + the 30 days credit.

if you dont comply with the terms and condition to fully close the account then it surly remains active with all costs and charges being liable
the fact you think it was closed and fully settled surly won't count to the six year rule as its still an active account

Sponsored Links
The terms will state when the charges are due. Failure to pay on the due date and a debt is owned - pretty much the clock starts ticking. but as I said to start with - it really depends how you handled it. There isn't enough info to be sure, but on the face of it, it couldn't be enforced.

Not the first time you've done a quick Google search and pasted a few links as though it's proof of your claim. It isn't .

Firstly, experion is a credit check site, and there's no confirmation there (if you actually read that link.) '''Can'' does not mean ''Will''.

Secondly, that link you posted to a council website is littered with false information as it's designed to create as much fear as possible to get people to cough up. The purpose of local authorities is to force money out of people, that is their most primary purpose. It's the equivalent of going to a baillif for debt advice, do you think you are going to get an impartial view point? ... -

.. Please tell me you are not this stupid?

Those are not reliable sources.

What are you trying to argue?
- that a Liability Order (which isn't publicly searchable) can affect your credit or that a CCJ (which is held on a public register) can't?

read info on the register of judgements order and fines if you don't like those links:
https://www.trustonline.org.uk

particularly https://www.trustonline.org.uk/unde...s-and-credit-mortgages-loans-and-credit-cards

A CCJ will hurt your ability to get credit. There are companies offering so-called CCJ mortgages, CCJ loans and CCJ credit cards – but the interest rates will be much higher.

A court Summons wont impact your credit and neither will an award against you, if you pay it in time. But a recorded CCJ will.

Last edited:
Well, my score has jumped from 772 to 814 this month. I haven’t done anything differently.

I’m looking to remortgage soon so the higher the better.

Sponsored Links
Back