Free heating upgrade

Lindsayg, thanks for your info on the Uv, i didn't know that, but, i'm afraid my original question was quite misleading.when i said solar, i meant hot water :oops: (are they not solar?)
They are the type that run water through to heat a central boiler, which in turn heats the whole elderly "C" shaped cul de sac, sorry for my c ock up( nothing new, i know!)

Youv'e now confirmed for me,(i think) that they should be on the south because of it being in a warmer area
I'll try and catch the boss this week, see what he says.

Sponsored Links
Aaahh... well in that case you are definitely right!

West facing catches the sun (if there's any left!) at the end of the day. I can't imagine it heating up much water...

Good luck. Let us know what they say. :D

See Orientation... At the eco yellowHouse site...
http://www.theyellowhouse.org.uk/eco-prin/princip.html#p2

The best average vertical angle for solar panels is the same as the Latitude angle for the erection site - southerly facing in northern hemisphere and northerly facing in southern hemisphere.

Food for thought...
...Australia has an abundance of solar irradiation, so much so that the average solar energy falling on the country in just one day provides more than 25 times the energy used in one year...
...As an example, the solar energy available in Western Victoria on an average day (18.1 MJ/m²/day) would provide about 1 kWh (kilowatt hour) of electricity from two square metres of solar panel with an overall
efficiency of just 10%. This is ample to light 4 rooms for 10 hours each using fluorescent lighting. One kilowatt hour equals 3.6 megaJoules (1.0 kWh = 3.6 MJ)...
Oz will manage that lot for sure - before the crunch !
Just hope my lot are there.
:cool:

Sponsored Links
Cheers empip, had ten mins on that, all in laymans terms.
Will go through it this week.

Takes longer to soak in nowadays :cry:

Back