Fridge freezer integrated unit door gaps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently taken delivery of some full height units, one of which is for an integrated fridge freezer.

The units came ready assembled.

The gap between the top and bottom door is around 8mm and looks massive. Is this a normal size?

They have Blum hinges, but doesn’t look like you can nudge the doors up/down.

I’ve never Had tall units before, so it’s a new one on me.
Tia

Sponsored Links
They have Blum hinges, but doesn’t look like you can nudge the doors up/down.

yes you can. If you unclip the door hinge, I think you will find the mounting plates have elongated screw holes. If you loosen the screws you can move them up and down. Looks to me around 6mm

0923-001-blum-clip-hinge-mounting-plate-173l6100-buller.jpg

if you have an absolutely enormous distance to move, you would have to drill new holes.

Thanks for the speedy reply, but these are new units, so looks like I will have to take it Up with the supplier.

My hinges don’t look like your photo, it’s like this:

Also soft close clip on things don’t work very well.

The cabinet in question is also a bit wobbly/sway as there is not much backing to it

I feel like a whinger, but Thought it would be better than it is.

Attachments

• C15D18C5-B4C6-450B-B179-B1589557CC4E.jpeg
    C15D18C5-B4C6-450B-B179-B1589557CC4E.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 163
Ignore that, the big screw allows adjustment.

last time I fitted a kitchen was 20 years ago :eek:

Sponsored Links
if they are tall ones, and sway, you should bracket or screw the top to the wall. This also stops them falling over on a child who climbs on them.

I have some here, and I glue and pin the back panel into place for added rigidity (I also have some fixed-in-place shelves at half height or third-height to hold the sides rigid, because when I put cookery books on the shelves, they pushed the sides apart when they were just on the slide-in shelf supports)

Thanks for that, had intended to fix with brackets, but the top ones are a good touch.

I have a couple of loose shelves, will pocket them to the carcass to make it more rigid, annoyingly I have had a socket placed on the wall which Sod’s law is directly behind the pre fitted strengthening panel ... bugger!

Hi Mr Chibs, i have exactly the same issue you have and I got my unit from DIY kitchens. The hinges don't go up and down and there is a 6mm gap between the fridge and freezer door. Also the soft close attachments are poor. Can I ask how you resolved the gap.

On the picture of the hinge I took above, you’ll see a screw in the middle of the ones that connect said hinge to carcass.

Get the door on, but remove the soft closer, you can then shim the door up and down by turning this middle screw.
When finished slide on the soft closer.

Make a support ticket and request some more soft closers, they will send you some for free.

I still have larger gaps than I’d like, but the are not excessive and overall it looks great.

Hope this helps, post again if not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back