Friedland Gold - Reson8

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Guys,

I have installed a new Fiedland Gold system which I would like to link to a second standard bell box (if poss) to have indication on the rear of the house. Problem is I cant make it worK.

Control Unit ext -conn
V+ [Permanent 12Vdc power supply output (100mA max.)]
GND
OUT [Switched 12Vdc output for wired Siren (300mA max.)]
GND

Reson8
STB-
TRIG-
HOLD OFF +
HOLD OFF-
RTN

THANKS
PAUL

Sponsored Links
clicky

but you will have to adapt it slightly, as your pael has no tamper return.

but if you want the back bell to just ring (no tamper) you only need connect pos, neg and ringer

SORRY FOR BEING THICK!

DO YOU MEAN

V+ TO TRIG
GND TO RTN?

LEAVE HOLD OFF's DISCONNECTED?

MUCH APPRECIATED

You will blow your panel up if you try and connect more than one sounder to it. You may not even be able to fit one, as those current ratings seem very low. Average bell box draws about 400mA including the strobe light. So 2 bell boxes at 400 each = 800mA, which is far too much.

You may be able to set your sounders to SCB mode. This means the sounders will take their ringing current from their on board batteries, so there is no load taken from the panel.

Do the above and connect Hold + to V+, Hold - to GND and trig- to OUT.

This will not provide any tamper protection for your sounders though as the control panel does'nt seem to have that facility.

Sponsored Links
i already tried that with the adition of the 12V switched o/p GND connected to RTN. Didnt work. Thinking i might have a dud bell box.

The main bell box is wireless, and this second one takes 12mA flash current so Im hoping the panal wont blow.

I suspect you have wired it not as suggested.

did you also know you can use the
icon_edit.gif
button instead of posting again.

like what you are trying to do, its a simple but easy mistake.

But now you say its radio, i would be inclined not to bother with wjat yopu are atempting. radio alarms and panels are a known PITA, also you are trying to add something which it was not designed to accept

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back