Friedland Platinum-Wireless

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone installed this system. Its wireless and has the telephone, auto message etc and 12mths monitoring from Myguard.
Got 2 Pirs, 2 door contacts and siren, control panel.
Thinking of installing myself as backup to wired system..having 2 PIrs either doubled up or in hallway or dining room for extra security.

Would mean setting 2 alarms each time..and deactivate one with remote.

Sponsored Links
Why on earth would you want a back up system? Surely if the wired system is properly installed that is all you require?

Cos i went out a bought a wireless one for £89 on offer-half price as my wired one wasn't working. Now i have a choice of repairing wired one or installing wireless or having wireless and wired(repaired) with more PIRs since you get 2 from wireless.
should i just give wirelss back and get wired repaired....wireless have many new features and ops at 868Mghz' ...its RRP £180.

A lot of people on here slate wireless, i had a Yale at my old house that worked fine, i now have a wired alarm as the house is new. I would always try & fix what i have before replacing ;) (assuming the wiring is OK it can always be repaired).

Sponsored Links
Yeh, i know what u mean.the thought did cross my mind.
I assume if it cost me X then i would buy DIY install. at £89 for a complete system i can't go wrong. the repair will cost around 100-150 quid.

Now thinking i'll have wired repaired and use it if wireless gives hassle etc and have it deactivated if causes probs...remote deactivation ,teleph contact on wireless really appeals and being 868mgz less likely to have RF.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back