front bellbox rattling and very quiet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,I have noticed the bellbox at the front (flashguard xl) is not working as it should, on a bell test it makes a rattling sound and then the alarm tone from it is very quiet You would never notice unless you are very close to it, the strobe on it still works fine. The bellbox at the back also a flashguard is working fine is very loud as expected.

What could the problem be?, could the piezos on the unit have come loose? It was working fine before, could the battery be flat? or has the bell unit just gone faulty and needs replaced with a new? Its about 3 years old. thanks

Sponsored Links
90% sure it's the piezo if it's got the same as a Texecom piezo installed ...

Faulty piezo ?
Not worth changing piezo as could also be faulty bell box
Change bell box
Flash guard will be older than 3 years ?
Due to the weather over the last few weeks bell box could be water damaged.

Thanks both I will buy a replacement bellbox,not sure where you can buy the piezos on there own for bellboxes. Its funny there is a neighbour up the road with a flashguard xtra with the exact same problem as mine but his is around 20 years old the strobe on it still works tho.

Sponsored Links
I was going to buy another flashguard xl but the piezos will probably be made in the same way (cables glued on piezo) and possibly fail again. Sounds silly but could I buy a deltabell then steal the piezos from them? those piezos are black and look better built like the ones they use on elmdenes. ta

Click to view larger image and other views
  • Sell it yourself
    Texecom / Risco and others external intruder alarm outside sounder spea
    ker
    Look in texecom on ebay

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
You can buy a new bell box for £20..00 with back lit
Didn't spend time on bell box not worth it,just change it

Pm me your address will send you a piezo , Texecom gave us a load due to issues with the piezo ....if it's got the glue on the wires where it enters the sounder it may have an issue...changed around 20 in last 18 months...

Hi, sorry for the late reply, I have decided to replace the front sounder for a novagard 2GD, Are these sounders any good?. I have purchased one from electrotec alarms and have also bought the nova 20 cover with the blue lens as the cover is not provided just the backplate. I will leave the one at the back as that works fine. How are the leds on these units? thanks

So so ...... Have had a few with tamper issues ( rubbish microswitches ) led's not that good on blue lens cover ...

Thanks, what would be better for the leds to be more visible red or opal? I could buy another cover for it if need be.

Either is better than blue , red will look better over time as the opal will go discoloured.

Hi sparky just thought you should know my original flashguard replacement came yesterday and I did a bench test and guess what PIEZO FAILURE, sounded for about 3 seconds at full volume then one packed in along with the other shortly after:mad:. Sent it back yesterday and got a refund,these units are £50+ and absolute rubbish!. Lets just hope my novagard 2 which should arrive shortly works as it should.

for diyers looking for bellboxes for their alarms STAY AWAY from texecoms and flashguards there is a good chance their piezo's will **** up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back