Functional earth

Arlec Electrical Company Ltd, based in Leamington Spa. Customer Service 0800 112 0275.

Sponsored Links
V bizarre. Just tried number and Aussie Sheila announced closed today as ANZAC Day.

Wosallthabart?

I suppose I was querying why staff employed by UK division get benefit of Aussie bank holiday?

They also, clearly "know nothing" about functional earth

Sponsored Links
I think you will find that an employer is free to give his employees as many days off with pay as he likes.

View media item 99590
I suppose I was querying why staff employed by UK division get benefit of Aussie bank holiday?
I suppose that you were querying that and it surprises me also. However, "international" companies may set their own policies and give Public Holidays to their own employees at their discretion.

I am sure that the company concerned (and all Australians and New Zealanders) are "sorry for the inconvenience" - as Douglas Adams wrote in "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy", being God's last message to the universe!

It may be of some interest for you to know that for Australians and New Zealanders, 25 April (ANZAC Day) is possibly the most significant day of the year, being a time of reflection on the sacrifices in war that these two countries have made to what was in 1915 the British Empire - and since then in other wars, which still continue.
In this that day outranks our National Days of 26 January (AUS) and 2 February (NZ).- and the Queen's Birthday holiday on the 2nd Monday in June! In addition, we also commemorate the sacrifices in war on 11 November, although this is NOT a Public Holiday.

As on other ANZAC Days I have today watched on TV various "Dawn Services" in New Zealand, Australia, Gallipoli (Turkey) and Villers-Bretonneux (France) as the dawn progressed across the planet.
Turkey is most notable in that this country where Australia and New Zealand (together with Britain) were the aggressors in 1915 now welcomes us and commemorates the sacrifices made on both sides.

Next year on 25 April those in Villers-Bretonneux will commemorate the 100th anniversary of one of the most decisive victories of WWI, by Australians against German soldiers which (possibly) marked a "turning of the tide" in that war. (It certainly prevented the capture of Armiens.)

If you ever visit Villers-Bretonneux, you will find at the school there above every blackboard the inscription "N'oublions jamais l'Australie" (Let us never forget Australia).
The major intersecting streets of that town are now named Rue Victoria and Rue de Melbourne - partly because of the financial assistance which was given by school children in Victoria to that town after WWI.
After bush-fires ravaged Victoria in February 2009, the children of Villers-Bretonneux made a not insignificant contribution to the Victorian bush-fire relief fund.

Both directors are listed at Companies House as being Australian

The company was formed ( in its present format ) in May 2016
It's owned by a Holdings Company which is run by the same two directors, which in turn is owned by a company incorporated in Australia.

The P&L of the uk company doesn't look healthy enough to be manufacturing, about £10,000 cash in the bank as of June 16 but then they've raised £4,000,000 in investments in that same year.

That address in leamington is just a small office. 'Tis directly opposite electricfix as it 'appens

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back