Fungi

You did indeed mention the joist ends and I may have found some duff ones:cry:. It does look like the ends have rotted before judging buy the way some have been repositioned and joined together.. Looks like ends chop off and put on bricks.. :mad:

Yes the electric is a mess also, that will be another job, there are what looks like the old wiring still left connected and live. I've pull all this from under the hallway and lounges. Up towards the meter box to deal with another time.. I've taped of the ends.

This is turning into the house of horrors.. That pic does not tell the full story of the electrics.

The live meter? You mean the black box? That's the powers supply to the alarm. It's just sitting there while I sort the floor area out.

Black rubberised cable... Im treating IT as yes as it goes up through the bathroom floor, no idea what it's for yet.

EDIT: Black rubberised cable was twin core red and black?( I presume old wiring) emersion heater supply, now disconnected, as we never used the emersion heater anyway.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Well that's the best it's going to get, most of the external wall side joists have been replaced, capped and repositioned. New floor partly down, New skirting to be fix in at a later date, All rubble and soil removed, nearly 3 wheelie bins full, cavity cleaned out, where I had access to it air bricks cleaned out and vent tubes added..old brickwork removed to improve circulation, It's staring to dry out a bit now, smells a lot better too, but I may have to do something about the height of the block paving at some point, Maybe a drainage system around the wall edge? Maybe a gap filled with gravel? Any suggestions..

I will get onto the other rooms/chimney breasts etc, soon.. (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back