Fused Double Pole Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I need to replace a fused double pole switch but the terminals on the switch are named slightly differently.

Am I right in thinking.

L-load = Lout
N-Load = Lout

Also when the neon goes on/off (when switched on off) and the socket turns on off that the switch is connected to it assumes wiring is correct.

Thanks
Sam

Sponsored Links
Am I right in thinking.

L-load = Lout
N-Load = Lout
Typo ? N-load = Nout, otherwise yes.

Also when the neon goes on/off (when switched on off) and the socket turns on off that the switch is connected to it assumes wiring is correct.
Yes, as far as what you mean

but you could have L and N or N and E the wrong way round and it would still work.

ha yes typo.

Lload = Lout
Nload = Nout.

Yeah the wiring it itself should be good. Brown Wires to L side, Blue Wires to N side.

Originally had a double set of brown wires going to L in the old switch, and double set of blue going to N. Then a single brown going to Lload and single blue going to Nout.

I have wired the new switch as double set of brown going to Lin and double set of Blue going to Nin, single brown going to Lout and the single blue going to Nout.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back