G4 accents optima quite siren

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a g4 optima and the alarm correctly triggered today as it saw movement, we was out and on our return the strobe was flashing but the siren was very low, would anyone know the reason for this please?

regards

Peter

Sponsored Links
if it isn’t as loud as normal then you would guess the bell is faulty or not getting enough power.

if you got there and just the strobe was flashing then the chances are you got back after the siren timer ran out.

Details of behaviour should be in the relevant manuals.

a bell test will confirm siren level as normal or not.

Thanks for the reply, I will find out how to do a bell test and check this out

Sponsored Links
Hi just done the bell test and it is very quite from the start, can you get sounder or is it better to get a new bell box

picture of bellbox, video may help confirm as very quiet means absolutely nothing unfortunately.

Is it quieter than normal? or does it just sound quiet.

It could be right for that bell box or its setting.
For example:-
bell boxs are rated for the sound level in dB at 1M these vary.

Some have different settings also, SAB, SCB and low power mode, the quietist would be SCB as it draws least current, the next is low power and then SAB.

Some models have 1 piezo and others have 2. 2 piezos being loudest and that uses more power.

Faulty piezo may sound quiet or abnormal.

Sorry I tried to send a photo,it is lower than it used to be, I can just about hear it when I stand under it

Attachments

• 5A549777-66A3-4284-B765-9FF34C07FCED.jpeg
    5A549777-66A3-4284-B765-9FF34C07FCED.jpeg
    573.1 KB · Views: 65
Replace Bell box ,is your best option. Most bell boxes will connect to your existing control panel.
Take photos of control panel wiring and existing bell box wiring before you replace unit.

Hi
This bell box states it’s compatible with g4, it does not have the micro terminals like the old one, what do I need to do with these? Also there is a white wire in my old box not connected?

Attachments

• 9FBD6294-6A76-4CB1-B9DF-BC8881FDE3D8.jpeg
    9FBD6294-6A76-4CB1-B9DF-BC8881FDE3D8.jpeg
    186.7 KB · Views: 45
  • C17E473F-C400-4B67-9C37-E421A28B759E.jpeg
    C17E473F-C400-4B67-9C37-E421A28B759E.jpeg
    212.5 KB · Views: 48

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back