Gainsborough Energy 3000X 10.5KW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a shower Gainsborough Energy 3000X 10.5KW which has been working fine for several years, however, recently the water temperature has been either very cold or very hot. Previously it was possible to set the dial at low and the water would be a little hot and medium a bit more hot. Now both these options do not work and the water is cold. If you select high the water is hot and suitable for use. After 20 minutes it gets too hot and you have to step away for 30 seconds until the water reduces heat and safe to use again. This use to occur once in a while but now is a little frequent. Is this something to do with the thermostat? Do i need to install a thermal cut off part. Where can I purchase this shower from ? and do they still manufacture them, just in case I need to replace

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Try googling the make and model, they may still do spares. Sounds like your thermostat.

Concur - you will have trouble finding a thermostat on most lecky showers!

More than likely a dodgy flow/pressure microswitch or the pressure assembly that operates it.

Sponsored Links
If you are in a hard water area your internals may be furred up.

You may need a new shower, and a water softener..

Spares are readily available all over the place for the shower, but as said, you need to confirm what the trouble is.

The elements only turn on when their is adequate flow, causing the pressure mech to operate, which in turn operates the microswitches based on what power you have selected.

It is common for the presure mech to fail, your pressure to be too low (from furring), a blocked handset rose (or a replacement one that is not compatible due to lower flow) etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back