Galaxy 2-12 - disable telephone line monitoring

No, you certainly can. You just need to enable it by changing the option. Sorry if my previous post wasn't clear. I think EightyTwo's post saying that "You're not allowed to unset it with the code" is a little misleading, as this only applies when installing to the standards. The panel defaults are set to the standard, but you can deviate from this by changing programming options.

Sponsored Links
Also, when you trigger the final zone and close it, then only at that point is the system set. To unset in DD243 mode, you must then use your tag or fob. I believe this requirement to force the use of tags for unsetting is a requirement from ACPO to reduce the number of false alarms. I personally like having the option of either, but I self monitor my Galaxy panel with an IP module as I can respond faster and have no specific insurance requirement / benefit.

Thanks - 51.55.3 - perfect. Another one committed to the memory banks.

All working 100% now.

I have an additional prox RKP that I bought for the garage(yet to be installed) so I can start coming in that way too, and be able to unset the alarm. From what I can understand so far, the system has to work the same from all RKP, so the garage RKP will have to work PIN only and not keyfob, being as that's what the other one is now doing. No great shakes, but it was only £25 brand new off eBay rather than £100 from the counter!

Is that right or could I use the second RKP as a prox and the hall one as PIN?

If the keypad has integrated prox, then the tag or code will work. If no prox, then only code will work.

Sponsored Links
Sorry for being misleading... :( I should have written "The grade 2 standard doesn't allow you to..."

Bl***y new rules, bl***y ACPO, bl***y European Standards, I hate them all!!! Mutter... Mumble... Where's my beer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back