Galaxy 500 disable zone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Galaxy 500 control panel in our office and have recently had a door removed and are unable to disable the zone that the door contact was programmed to. We can omit the zone but this needs doing every time the alarm is set and we would like to disable it permanently if possible. I only have access to user manual and this doesn't seem to show how to disable a zone. Due to the age of the system there is no current alarm company looking after it.

Sponsored Links
You need to enter engineering mode with the engineer code and set the zone to spare. If you don't have the code, then all you can really do (if physically possible) is glue the magnetic part of the contact to the reed switch side of the sensor. If you don't have the code, then you risk getting a tamper if you play with the wiring.

Have a Galaxy 500 on the bench in my shed and it appears to work perfectly - no sign of the battery charging problem that caused it to be replaced from its original installation - our house. The firmware seems to be v1.25 which is pretty old and I would like to upgrade it, anyone got any ideas - I can burn a PROM.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back