Galaxy G2-20 with an internal sounder??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a galaxy g2-20 installed at home and would like to add an internal sounder.

I have opened the panel and it has a loudspeaker negative on the left side of the board.

where do I connect the positive terminal to??

Sponsored Links
Connect the positive to +12V as per the manual.

-------8<----------------------------------------
*NOTE: Output 1002 - This output is configured as a 16 Ohm speaker driver (AC signal). The speaker should be connected between this output and +12V. The speaker Entry/Exit volume is controlled by parameter 51.10.

I had it installed by an engineer so don't have any of the manuals, but didn't fancy repaying the hourly rate for a 10m run and a speaker.

Okay, no probs. Pretty easy to find via Google ;)

Depending on the speaker, you may find it very loud with little adjustment on the volume control. I normally fit them with panel programming volume control set to 0. This way, they only sound when in full alarm and double beep when full set. I normally use the adjustable keypad volume pot to give exit entry tones.

Sponsored Links
Connect the positive to +12V as per the manual.

*NOTE: Output 1002 - This output is configured as a 16 Ohm speaker driver (AC signal). The speaker should be connected between this output and +12V. The speaker Entry/Exit volume is controlled by parameter 51.10.
There are panels that are DiY enough to give advice for, there are others that it's not. The Galaxy is in the latter.

There are too many options via Engineer access that can be so easily 'played with'.
It is human nature to see something and think 'what does this do?'

Hope he does not mess it up.

also if the OP opens the end staion before entering engineer mode he will cause a tamper fault, and if he does not have the engineer code his panel is now useless!!

as tamper activation is engineer reset only (default) on ALL galaxy panels.

good luck

Oasis

yep we fit Galaxy, all the time!

OP has already opened as stated in his post.

Andy, if you run into problems PM me. It's all pretty logical, but there are a few common gotchas with these panels.

no I have all the codes and I know how to get in and out of engineering mode as I had to open the panel briefly before as the battery was late being delivered. so installed it a few days later, the installer used on of his own on the day but it was his spare so couldn't leave it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back