Gap Between Stairs and Wall??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help.

Can anyone provide some advice on what to do with the gap between the stairs (Banister) and ceiling. It currently looks like this....

IMG_1976.JPG

I was aiming to clean and sand it down but what's next?

Thanks for any help you can offer...

Sponsored Links
MoneyPit1005, good evening.

One suggestion?

How about following your clean up of the plaster, you consider fixing two pieces of timber, one on the ceiling of the ground floor, the other being fixed in a vertical position on the walls of the stair well. in effect forming a timber corner on the exposed plaster, thus concealing the raw Plaster?

The timber does not require to be large, say 50.mm X 10.mm similar to Skirting, which would work well, with a square end and a pencil Rounded end, fix the Pencil round away from the corner, the two square edges will give you a good square corner.

Ken.

I'm late but agreed with the above that mouldings and skirtings will cover anything, or since you have coving I wonder if you could mitre a new piece in carefully and cover it that way?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back