garage consumer unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am hoping to wire a 2 way consumer unit into my garage from the consumer unit i have in my house how do i do it??? :?:

Sponsored Links
More information required

What do you want to run in garage,ie tumble dryer,lighting etc?

Distance from house cu ?

What is your supply (look in the reference section at top of page)?

delbox said:
i am hoping to wire a 2 way consumer unit into my garage from the consumer unit i have in my house how do i do it??? :?:

If you have to start the task with this question, then this is work that you should not be doing...and this is Notifiable under Part P.

A guy you feel has inadequate knowledge about electrics asks a question. You reply by telling him about building regulations? It was a perfectly sensible question about electrics. Could be for an examination question.

Sponsored Links
Damocles said:
A guy you feel has inadequate knowledge about electrics asks a question. You reply by telling him about building regulations? It was a perfectly sensible question about electrics. Could be for an examination question.

it probably isnt an exam question, it is against part p, and the search facility tells even more about it

FWL_Engineer said:
delbox said:

If you have to start the task with this question, then this is work that you should not be doing...and this is Notifiable under Part P.

cheers m8 i'll know not to ask u in future :evil:

yeah buit any way how gives a long sausage about what you should and should't do.

its up to you how you wire it up ( mabe if your doing it your self it should be this iside of the isolator and not on the rca but thats me ......

(please note what i say mabe be wrongand should not be done unless you know what your doing)

as i said, it is aginst part P, but if you were to use the search facility you will fnd out lots more

breezer said:
as i said, it is aginst part P
No - FWL was right - it is notifiable. Part P does not prevent delbox from doing this job.

but if you were to use the search facility you will fnd out lots more
Please explain how to use the search facility to look for Part P.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back