garage floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am thinking about converting an integral garage into habital room the difference in floor levels is about 35mm at the new doorway the bco has asked about insulation in the floor there is no insulation in the existing garage floor are there any options other than taking up existing garage floor thanks.

Sponsored Links
I think Kingspan supply pre-insulated floor deck though i suspect 35mm will not be enough to deal with the deck material and the thickness of insulation required.

:idea: You may be able to score some thermal resistance points by beefing up the way you insulate the the garage door brick-up. :idea:

Sponsored Links
raising the floor level would create a step and am reluctant to do this also would affect the lintel height and cause problems with an existing padstone. have seen the kingspan product today and will make inquiries about this. thank you both for your replies

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back