Garamatic 9 Electric Garage Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
I have a quick query about a setting on a Garamatic 9 electric garage door opener. I figured this forum would be more suitable than the Windows/Doors one but if it's not, admin feel free to move it.

When we press the open or close button on the remote, the door takes 3-4 seconds before it moves (meanwhile the lights flash 3 times). Apparently this is called Advance Warning Phase.

We're wanting to change this so there is no time delay at all. I asked the installer how to do it, and they were quite unhelpful - telling me that I should have bought a different brand that they wanted me to have. I've looked through the installation manual, and I can see reference to the setting but I can't work out how to change it.

If anybody can help I'd be very grateful. I've attached 4 images. 3 show references to the Advance Warning Phase from the manual, and the other a photo of the unit. I can see that Diagram 16.3 shows what the switches need to be set to to revise this, but I have no idea how to change 3 seconds to 0 :-/.

I haven't contacted the manufacturer as I know I will get the usual get a professional installer to come and do it etc. But for what I think is probably a simple 60secs task, nobody is going to come and do it.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Well you adjust those Red switches. You may need to turn the power off, wait a few seconds and then turn the power back on for the change to happen.

I assume switch A is ON
and switch B is OFF at present.

I think you change switch A to OFF

Thanks for the reply Andy. I'll give that a go. I hadn't done so yet as I thought switching A to off would affect other things, as Figure 16.1 also shows something where A is required to be ON (although other switches are also required to be ON too, and the diagram suggests this command is also to do with the 3-second delay too.

I'll try it now and post back.

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
screenshot_259.jpg

Sound advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back