Garden and shed Lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2x 2.5 armoured cables one from the shed which will connect to a switch, light and double socket and the second from the decking which will connect to 8 deck lights,switch and double socket. The problems not connecting them iam leaving it for a Sparky i need to get the cables through my kitchen wall to the RCD before i fit new units. The cables come up by the kitchen wall in underground ducts ready to go through the wall i was just wondering what the tidiest way i can enter the cables into the building to cover up the holes and prevent damp penatration. Thank you

Sponsored Links
Terminate the cables in a weatherproof, externally-mounted box, drill through the wall behind the box, and feed the rest of the way using twin and earth. Or ask your electrician what he recommends as he'll presumably be signing it off?

PJ

To avoid an external joint you can strip the armour off to leave enough of the conductors exposed ( but still insulated ) that they will reach the CU or other junction point inside the house. The armour is then terminated by glands to the box and the conductors continue un-broken through the back of the box and through the wall of the house. The conductors need to be sleeved and add an earth wire from the SWA gland to the MET

As there is no joint in the box any ingress of moisture will not create a problem.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back