Garden Fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure which forum but here goes...............What is the law regarding having a small fire in the garden to burn rubbish and wood etc.

I know the old fart next door will be moaning soon but its not going out until I have burned the lot.:cool:

Sponsored Links
I have an old fart living next to me as well Bahco so I know what you're up against. He moaned last year when we put up a swimming pool for the bairn (child in geordie for those that don't know), IN OUR OWN BACK GARDEN!!! Said he didn't think it looked nice and that his wife was upset about being able to see it through the hedge!!!!! :eek: :rolleyes: I'll not say what my wife wanted me to tell the old barsteward! :D

No idea about the law on it mate but if he moans tell him you're having to clear the garden as you've got 50 pigs arriving tomorrow. Tell him they've been infected with Swine Flu but you rescued them from the farm. Should quieten the old f***er down! :evil:

Not sure about where you live but it is against the law in Liverpool because of the smokeless zone regulations.
Even if it is permitted where you are you could still be 'warned' if it constitutes beinga nuiscance to others.

Throw some more petrol on and get it over with. :LOL:

There is no specific law preventing you having a bonfire and the old wives' tale of it having to be after dark is precisely that.

However, the LA can take action under the EPA if it is considered that you are causing a nuisance. A bonfire more frequently than once a month would be likely to be considered such.

Sponsored Links
What else? :LOL: :LOL:

Build a bonfire,
build a bonfire,
put the ........

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I had a big garden fire a couple of years ago. A neighbour phoned the fire brigade, they were ok about it as long as someone was going to be in attendance all the time the fire was burning. You could phone your local fire brigade to check the rules first.

Conny, I'm from Liverpool and I've never had any problems having a bonfire.
(had the fire brigade call once)
What I always do is pile it as high as I can straight off. If anybody moans you can tell them you're letting it burn out . And always have the hosepipe ready.

l have a flre when l want. my brother does also, keep lt smaLLlsh, you won't have a problem.
He had the counclL round awhlLe back, as lt was ln a flre bln/basket, lt was controlled.

l have a flre when l want. my brother does also, keep lt smaLLlsh, you won't have a problem.
He had the counclL round awhlLe back, as lt was ln a flre bln/basket, lt was controlled.
Does the smoke not irritate your 'eyes'? They're irritating us!

Well we're closer to the border than most here I suppose.

You'll not know what to do with ya sel when ya get that Keyboard lad. :D

the shop are chaslng the new keyboard

What the hell are they chasing the keyboard for?

Its your mouse that moves FGS! :LOL:

PS: YME,
We had a habit of burning old pallets/scrap wood etc in work and someone told the LEO.
They turned up one day and told us it was against the bye-laws and don't do it again.
Strange really because the place next door regularly sets fire to a skip full of old cardboard carpet rolls and no one has ever been there to tell them. :confused:

One of my neighbours (bit of an old fellow) came up with the old chestnut a few years ago about there being a local bylaw prohibiting bonfires on a Monday as it was traditionally washing day. I check into it and it is a load of rubbish. As previously mentioned, the biggest thing is nuisance. My local authority discourage bonfires as a method of disposal and want us to take garden wast to the tip. Their guidelines do encourage you to be responsible, let your neighbours know, make sure that the wind direction does not carry the smoke toward open windows and be considerate if people have their washing out etc etc.

It also mentions that complaints will be looked into within 3 days. Bonfire? What bonfire?

Sponsored Links
Back