Garden Lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've done a quick search and can't find the answer to my question, so If I may, I will pick your collective brains. Now before we start I am not thinking of doing this myself I just want an idea so I know if the professional I get in is 'ripping me off' or not. I have just had some decking built at the end of the garden and it is quite dark down there so we want some lighting. As we won't be sitting out there all the time is it possible to link 2 lights(thinking modern post type lights) to each other then to a waterproof connector which in turn just goes to a plug inside the house so we can dismantle it whenever we want, and know that there is no power going there. Second part if it is do-able would I need an electrician or could I just plug it into an RCB socket ? Cheers in advance

Sponsored Links
Plug - in or not, this would be considered an electrical installation outdoors and would require notification to the local authority.

A registered electrician is your better, and cheaper, bet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back