Garden wall questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I want to build a garden wall.

Between me and the neighbour is a wall made from aerated blocks it stands approx 5ft and is mortared to their wall. This must have been a project at some point, but before I bought the house because on my side is a row of blue bricks as if there was going to be another wall, they are tight up to the existing block wall as if it was going to be capped off with bricks on their side spanning both walls.

I have talked to my neighbour about it but he too has only just moved in, he wants to render his side which is understandable.

My question is, do I need to place some damp proof over the blue bricks, and do you know of any ties that I can use to tie both walls together.

I was also thinking of extending the wall to eventually create a courtyard but the extended part will only be single brick.

I live in Mansfield, anyone know the best place to buy bricks from?

Any advice is welcome, regards Lee

Sponsored Links
If it is a garden boundary wall it does not need dpc. Tie it to existing wall using frame ties screwed and plugged into existing wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back