garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi....... don't know if this topic covers my problem but...............
does anyone know how to get rid of white fly from my beech hedge without using insecticides. my hedge is thick with white fly and is a nuisance to passers by. i hose it down every day and wash loads of whitefly out but it is not curing the problem
cheers,
mickcoulson

Sponsored Links
You could plant tagetes (marigolds) near the hedge. That may reduce the problem. It is one of those things in nature, I would leave them to get on with it. You are not liable to passers-by.

You could also use a soapy spray - get an old bit of soap, rub it on a cheesegrater so you get 2/3" of soap, put the grated soap into one of those indoor house plant sprayers (Homebase, B&Q about 99p) and add very hot water to dissolve the soap. Wait until cooled, and then spray onto the leaves of the hedge - Very cheap & effective method of killing whitefly and blackfly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back