Gardtec 370 Watchdog Reset?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As I came downstairs this morning, instead of being greeted by the usual tone of the alarm, it was silent, and the remote keypad display is showing a flashing 'rE' (Watchdog Reset) Entering the master code or engineer code doesn't have any effect.

What does "Watchdog Reset" mean? and how do I er...reset it please?

It is an old system and was installed by myself 20+ years ago but until now; apart from replacing the control panel and sounder batteries a few times it has been extremely reliable and walk tests perfectly.

I'm off on holiday shortly so the timing of it's failure couldn't be worse!

Sponsored Links
Possible power surge
Could be faulty battery back
Does your code work ?
Power system down and back up mite help

Resolved it.

Bizarrely according to the alarm manual 'rE' has two meanings. The first one in the section "Display Messages" is as I described in my first post

2.JPG

But also it is used as part of the remove zones process when setting the alarm.

1.JPG

Turns out that Mrs Stem pressed the wrong button when setting the alarm last night and inadvertently entered the 'remove zones' function, then failed to notice that the alarm hadn't set, I came down in the morning oblivious to this and see 'rE' on the screen, consult the manuals error messages and see "'rE' Electronic Watchdog Reset"

Anyway after exiting the 'remove zones' function, all is well again.

Using the same symbol to mean completely different things is a bit of a poor show IMHO.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back