Gardtec control panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys - need some advice on a gardtec system.

The keypad had recently developed a fault on the display - cannot see any characters on the lcd. Last week the alarm started sounding. I had to disconnect the sounder to get it stopped.

Now, the control panel is a gardetec 800 series. I intend to replace the RKP with a matching device - have found the item on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&item=230342174618

Are there any compatibility issues ? This should be a matter of hooking up the new RKP, resetting to factory defaults and reprogramming the zones etc - right ?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
OK, i have set the jumper to identify the device and hooked up. All appers to be good...except...

when I try to set the system, or test, it accepts the code, asks "do you want to set the system", then just returns to the <<< UNSET >>>

My guess is something needs reset, but what ?

Sponsored Links
Have you tried powering down mains and battery , wait for a few seconds , then power-up again , see if the keypad is recognised.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back